[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] ImportError with unlrelated and obsolete module

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:50:06 +0200

Jay, Dylan writes:
 > >   *  add a "try ... except" round line 476 of "Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py"
 > >
 > >      File a bug report to "<http://collector.zope.org>" with your
 > >      patch
 >
 > I filed a bug report but wasn't confident in patching it since I wasn't sure
 > sideeffects catching those errors might have. Personally I think there is a
 > more robust solution possible but I'd like to here someone closer to the
 > code offer an opinion on this.
 >
 > http://collector.zope.org/Zope/438
Usually, you should avoid "try ... except" with unrestricted exception
catching. But here, it would be justified.

I would probably even remove the offending entry from the registry...

Dieter