[Zope-dev] improved logging

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:29:59 +0000

Romain Slootmaekers wrote:

> - Loggers (fi, file logger, db loggers, remote logger, nulllogger,...)

Zope already has a filer logger, I dunno what you mean by db, remote and null loggers,
perhaps you can explain?

> - Filters (fi on severity, on subsystem, ...)

zLOG already provides this.

Set STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY to the level you want
Dunno about subsystem. subsystem is passed to zLOG, so maybe you could do a patch which
lets subsystem also be controlled by an environment.

> - LogBus (central accesspoint for the logging framework,
>   where you can (dynamically) hook your loggers, filters etc...

This is prettymuch what zLOG is. Take a look at my MailingLogger product for an example.
It emails log messages with the specified parameters to an address you specify and
provides an example for rolling your own loggers.

cheers,

Chris