[Zope-dev] I'm locked out of managing my CMF folders, because it asks me to log in and the password doesn't work.

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
04 Mar 2002 02:14:18 -0300

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 01:36, Don Hopkins wrote:
> I am now locked out my CMF site, and I can't figure out how to get back in.
> [...]
> I can log into the top level Zope manager, and look at the Zope tree. I just
> can't manage_edit my CMF site.
> When I click on a CMF site in the tree on the left, it does not edit the
> directory view in the main frame.
> Instead, it goes to the CMF login page in that frame.

Are you using Mozilla, Netscape >= 6.0 or another mozilla based browser?
If so, you might be hitting a little odd-but-rfc-allowed mozilla
behaviour where, even after asking the user for basic-auth credentials
for a protected page, it doesn't send them for other protected pages in
the same domain until the web server has responded with
'authorization-required' for every one of them. Because of that, when
you're viewing a page in Zope that is protected by cookie based
authentication, mozilla will not send basic-auth credentials at first,
causing the cookie login form to kick in before zope issues an
'authorization-required' response.

I hope this explanation is not too confusing :-)

Anyway, try accessing your site with another browser to see if the
problem persists. Konqueror, for instance, doesn't have this problem.