[Zope-dev] I'm locked out of managing my CMF folders, because it asks me to log in and the password doesn't work.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:49:27 +0100

Don Hopkins writes:
I have seen this often when there was an exception in the action box.
In this case, I was able to analyse the problem in one of the following
ways:

  1.  disable cookie authentication

      You will then get a browser login request. Abort it. And it will
      show what object could not be accessed.

  2.  Print the exception in "ZPublisher.Publish" near line 106 after
      the "tansactions_manager.abort()":

        import traceback; traceback.print_exc()

But maybe, you password is indeed incorrect. Then become an emergency
user and fix the problem (learn more about the emergency user
on Zope.org).

Dieter