[Zope-dev] Zope 2.4.4b1 and Python 2.1.2 crash again

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
05 Mar 2002 21:58:54 -0300

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 20:55, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/StabilityHOWTO
>
> This docco doesn't clearly state that you MUST recompile your
> pythonscripts when upgrading to 2.4.4+ (when do we see a real
> 2.4.4, anyway?)

I'm not sure about that. PythonScripts that need recompilation recompile
themselves to memory at __setstate__ (albeit in a non persistent way,
that's why you see a 'needs recompilation' log for them) So I don't see
how recompiling the PythonScripts helps stability.

The best you get from recompiling them is speed, a lower memory
consumption and relief from those nagging 'needs recompilation' log
messages.

Speaking of stability...

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.