[Zope-dev] Zope process working directory

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:52:09 +0000

Ive recently noticed that Zope doesnt change its working directory
when it starts up.

This has been a minor inconvenience for me recently when I wanted to
get a core dump from a long-running Zope, but its working directory
was set for somewhere that it couldnt write.

I know I could fix this in all of my start scripts, but I think it
would be much nicer if Zope always changed its working directory to
var on startup (except if the debug flag is set I suppose). This would
be in keeping with the tradition for Unix daemons and Windows
services.

Any thoughts?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com