[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 project updated

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 18:28:35 -0600

>I am afraid I must second this opinion.  We recently looked at
>OrderedFolder, thinking to subclass it
>to produce our Slideshow product.   The idea was to make a lightweight
>web-based replacement for PowerPoint
>where you can define the order of the slides and can hide/show them
>individually.

Actually, there SmartWizard (of course built with OF), whcih can be used
for Slideshows. I used it for all my talks last year.

>We found that it was actually easier to create our own "OrderedFolder"
>base class and subclass it rather than
>use OF because of the extra functionality we did not want.

Really? You should just have used OrderedObjectManager as base class.

>I am willing to help out.   I would love to see this functionality in 2.6
>and carry it forward to 3.0...

Ordering and the Limit code is already in the Zope 3 core. The advanced
Folder version there is know as LoadedFolder.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter