[Zope-dev] Trapping Interbase Error Codes

Beverly Dolor bdolor_ph@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 00:17:03 -0800 (PST)

--- Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
> Beverly Dolor writes:
>  > I'm currently doing a program on Zope 2.5 using
> gvibDa
>  > as my database.  I would like my program to trap
>  > Interbase error codes such as (isc_deadlock,
>  > isc_lock_conflict), the problem is I'm still at a
> lost
>  > on how to do this.
> How are these errors shown to you?
>
> I do not know Interbase and the corresponding
> adapters.
> For Oracle (DCOracle2), Oracle errors are mapped
> onto a standard
> exception, but the exception detail contains the
> Oracle error number.
> Thus, looking at this number, I would be able to
> provide
> error specific information.
>

> Dieter

Thanks Dieter.

Actually gvibDA also maps its errors onto a standard
exception.  It also provides methods on getting the
sql error number, message and message list. Like if my
sql query would cause and -803 error, then gvib would
return an IntegrityError.

But aside from knowing the sql error code, what i
really want is to get/trap the Interbase status array
codes (isc_deadlock), well if that is possible.

And is it only by using External Python scripts that i
can do all these error handling, plus the
rollback/commit of Zope/database transactions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.