[Zope-dev] User Folders

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:29:13 +0000

"Johan Carlsson [Torped]" wrote:

> Or what I really want to know, is it safe to base my applications on ZP
> and/or LM or is it
> something I'm going to regret?

You should be regretting it already ;-)

LoginManager needs a replacement. I'd like to see a flexible and documented user
and userfolder API for both Zope 2 and Zope 3. I think Zope 3 has this, I dunno
about Zope 2.

I'd also like to see a standard meta-user-folder.

IE: providing the functionality that LoginManager does: the ability to check
multiple authentication sources for user information.

Right now, I'd like to see the scope kept _tight_, just dealing with
authentication, no user metadata, that can wait for later. There is XUF, but I'm
not sure about the code quality and I think it tries to do too much.

Of course, I could be wrong...

In any case, I'd be happy to monitor a discussion to build a solution to this (I
might even be persuaded to strike up a fishbowl process ;-) and get the finished
product done. I dunno if I could manage it for 2.6, but I'd certainly get it
done for 2.7...

Lemme know how I should proceed.

cheers,

Chris