[Zope-dev] Memory Leak Problem

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@km3.de
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:36:15 +0100

Oliver Bleutgen schrieb:

>  >>Hi all,
>  >>
>  >>i have a little problem with my production server.
>  >>The memory usage of the zope processes running on this server are
>  >>growing up
>  >>100K a day upto 1MB a day.
>  >>How can i track down the problem.
> [snip]
>
> Chris McDonough wrote:
> > Finding memory leaks is an exercise in "binary search".  Isolate half of the
> > Zope (and Product) code and find out if it leaks.  If it doesn't, you know
> > the problem is in the other half. ;-)  Ad infinitum.  I'm sorry this is the
> > case, but it almost always boils down to this particular recipe of
> > diagnostics.
>
> A question and one remark.
> Wouldn't staring at the refcounts in the debug panel also give some
> info? At least for selfmade products?
>
> Something like:
>
> Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper: 42442
> OFS.DTMLMethod.DTMLMethod: 3989
> ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.HTTPRequest: 3941
> ZServer.HTTPResponse.ZServerHTTPResponse: 3934
> ZPublisher.BaseRequest.RequestContainer: 3931
> AccessControl.DTML.TemplateDict: 3930

The Toprefcounts are:
Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper: 2981
DocumentTemplate.DT_Util.Eval: 1379
OFS.Image.Image: 1194
ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.HTTPRequest: 916
ZServer.PCGIServer.PCGIResponse: 906
ZPublisher.BaseRequest.RequestContainer: 906
ExtensionClass: 361
DocumentTemplate.DT_In.InClass: 263
OFS.Folder.Folder: 250
OFS.DTMLDocument.DTMLDocument: 238
DocumentTemplate.DT_Var.Var: 207
OFS.DTMLMethod.DTMLMethod: 196
AccessControl.PermissionRole.PermissionRole: 184
App.special_dtml.DTMLFile: 182
Products.ZGadflyDA.gadfly.kjParser.ParseRule: 161
re.RegexObject: 153
Shared.DC.Scripts.Signature.FuncCode: 143
and so on.....

My selfmade products are near the bottom of the list...

Thanks