[Zope-dev] Bug days

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:10:20 -0500

Hi all -

In an effort to better keep up with the collector, I'd like
to throw out the idea of doing periodic "bug days" (a la
the mozilla bug days), where Zope geeks and committers would
get together on IRC and spend a few hours knocking out issues.

I've drafted a preliminary bug day manifesto that describes
how it would work in a little more detail:

  http://dev.zope.org/CVS/BugDays

I'd like to hear what people think, as well as work out a few
logistics:

  - Given the wide geographic area that committers (and patch
    submitters) cover, what is a good time of day for a bug
    day to start / end (where start and end are always going
    to be fuzzy, of course).

  - Would it be better for bugdays to be ad-hoc, or should we
    try to set up regularly-scheduled bugdays at some reasonable
    interval? If the latter, we need to come up with a day / time
    that is agreeable to as many of the committers as possible.

Thoughts?

-Brian