[Zope-dev] HTTP Traceback Style

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:58:30 +0100

Hi.

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [020316 09:40]:
> I thought Shane was working on this in his 'better tracebacks' branch?
>
> The fact is that the tracebacks should _never_ be appended by some process
> outside standard_error_message.

granted. ;)

> If people want tracebacks, and there's _lots_ of different ways people want
> tracebacks, the should add them explicitly in standard_error_message. That
> said, the default standard_error_message may want to include the options you
> have above.

Yes. But actually (I took a look in the LoginManager code - and it seems as if he
is not directly guilty that the traceback shows up, when the login screen is
raisen) having a commented traceback in all pages is better then having an uninfluencable
&sect; dangling around, which actually makes applications unsellable. (I am currently
involved in a kind of competition between web application tools at my university, and i
want to let zope blink and shine in its best manner.)

> cheers,
>
> Chris - DWIM never does what you want ;-)

So it should be called IDWYM, otherwise it is right ... it does what it means ... ;)

Greetings

Christian

--
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])