[Zope-dev] Acquisition problem in 2.5.1b1? (was: where is Zope 2.5.1?)

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
18 Mar 2002 15:32:01 +0100

"Brian Lloyd" <brian@zope.com> writes:

> We are trying to get to the bottom of a few straggling
> instability reports, so we're planning to go ahead with

Hi Brian,

I started with 2.5.1b1 today and have problems with our "one central
index_html" approach.

It seems that in 2.5.1b1 object lookup doesn't start at the current
context when an object is used from another already acquired one.

I couldn't find anything about this, so I hope it's something new for
you.

Example:

/ index_html              (index_html uses method content)
  content

/folder1
   content
/folder1/subfolder1
      content

When accessing /folder1 or /folder1/subfolder1 always content from the
root folder is used.

Do we have a stupid mistake or is there something wrong in 2.5.1b1?
The root folder is "made root" by a SiteRoot object and we have a
SiteRoot also in Zopes root folder. I tried also with the SiteRoots
removed and the behaviour was the same.

Regards, Frank