[Zope-dev] A thought for 2.6 about various leaks and memory problems

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <anthony@ekit-inc.com>
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:16:05 +1100

>>> "Adrian Hungate" wrote
> moved to a different thread or earlier, before the fork, so that we could
> simply kill senile threads without killing the entire shooting match?

unfortunately apache does this with seperate processes, not threads.

memory corruption and leaks aren't solved by offing threads, unfortunately.

the equivalent would be to start a bunch of single threaded zeo clients on
a machine, with a loadbalancer in front of them, and periodically off one.

the only decent loadbalancers I've seen, however, are pretty heavy weight,
flaky, limited in functionality, or some combination of all three.

also, the start time for a new ZEO client is non-trivial.

Anthony