[Zope-dev] Next steps on Zope 2.6 plan

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:40:36 -0500

> > One suggestion Casey had was to start to codify a set of rules
> > that features have to abide by to be considered for inclusion.
>
> Hmm, these rules seem to have several thinly veiled references to my pet
> project. :-)  I do firmly agree with the rules in spirit, but I think a
> little clarification/discussion is in order so it doesn't get cut
> without good reason.

Of course. Note that my references were not (and were not
intended to be, veiled or otherwise :) knocks on your
proposal or any _particular_ proposal.

My point was to say that one "big" change should be the
limit for any given feature release. This can be a helpful
guideline for the future: if as a developer you know
that "total security rewrite" is already on the list
for some feature release, then you can be pretty sure that
you'll have a hard fight to get some other major change into
the same release.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com