[Zope-dev] python cookie page calling dilemma

Mark A. Robinson marcos@paladin-its.com
Wed, 8 May 2002 12:33:53 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F6B6.85CA4B20

Hi there. New to this mailing list. Hope I am in the right area.
Here is what I am trying to do:
a user selects 1 item from a list in a dtml document form. This item
then affects the rest of that web session for the user. Therefore I
would like the dtml document form to call a python script, with the item
the user selected. The python script will do some database selects based
on the selected item. It will also create a cookie with the selected
item so that the rest of the web session will be "aware" of what the
user selected. Lastly, the script should send the user to another web
page that has some sort of confirmation of what the user selected (print
the cookie).
It is all working so far except for the very last part. When I call the
confirmation DTML document using something like "return
context.dpage_confirmation()" I get an KeyError for the confirmation
page. The cookie is being set. I have verified it by viewing the
confirmation page by itself. It is just when the page is called from the
python script.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F6B6.85CA4B20

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C1F68C.E4A77A80">
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
 </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
  <w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
  <w:EnvelopeVis/>
  <w:Compatibility>
   <w:BreakWrappedTables/>
   <w:SnapToGridInCell/>
   <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
   <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
  </w:Compatibility>
  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
span.SpellE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-spl-e:yes;}
span.GramE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
 /* Style Definitions */=20
 table.MsoNormalTable
	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0in;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
<![endif]-->
</head>

style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi there. <span class=3DGramE>New to this mailing =
list.</span>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Here is what I am trying to =

face=3DArial><span
size=3D2
face=3DArial><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> user =
selects 1
item from a list in a <span class=3DSpellE>dtml</span> document form. =
This item
then affects the rest of that web session for the user. Therefore I =
would like
the <span class=3DSpellE>dtml</span> document form to call a python =
script, with
the item the user selected. The python script will do some database =
selects
based on the selected item. It will also create a cookie with the =
selected item
so that the rest of the web session will be &#8220;aware&#8221; of what =
the
user selected. Lastly, the script should send the user to another web =
page that
has some sort of confirmation of what the user selected (print the =

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>It is all working so far except for the very last =
part. When
I call the confirmation DTML document using something like &#8220;return =
class=3DSpellE>context.dpage_<span =
class=3DGramE>confirmation</span></span><span
class=3DGramE>(</span>)&#8221; I get an <span =
class=3DSpellE>KeyError</span> for
the confirmation page. The cookie is being set. I have verified it by =
viewing
the confirmation page by itself. It is just when the page is called from =
the python

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Any help greatly appreciated. =