[Zope-dev] Zope/Python crashing

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Mon, 20 May 2002 02:00:31 +0300

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> Ahsan Imam wrote:
>
>> I was going through the zope archive mail and saw message posted by
>> Matthew T. Kromer regarding crashing problems with Python 2.1.2. It
>> instructed to increase the #define PyTrash_UNWIND_LEVEL from 50 500000=
0.
>> I just downloaded python 2.1.3. Do I still have to edit the object.h
>> file before I compile it.=20
>
> No, Python 2.1.3 doesn't need to be patched like that -- that was just=20
> a temporary suggestion while we isolated where the problem was.=20

For FreeBSD there is another pthreads related bug in Python. And=20
quick-patch from=20
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=3Ddetail&aid=3D554841&group_id=3D54=
70&atid=3D305470=20
with THREAD_STACK_SIZE=3D0x20000 solves the problem. But it is quick and=20
dirty hack. Will it be solved in next bugfix release of Python?=20
Whom/where I have to contact to have progress regarding the issue?

I'll post comment into SF tracker because site which crashed previously=20
works fine now (for 5 days already)... Is that sufficient? This dirty=20
patch is not acceptable and clean solution have to take place. Should I=20
take part and try to develop one?

Regards,

Myroslav
--=20