[Zope-dev] ExternalEditor & Windows

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Wed, 22 May 2002 10:19:39 +0200

Hi,

how do I start this, I made the changes in the browser (opera), installed=20
the latest Python-2.2.1 with tk-support. I can start zopeedit-win32.py by=20
dubbleclick, but than it terminates cause of missing arguments. But when I=20
select  zopeedit-win32.py in Opera for application/x-zope-edit, and click=20
on the pencil, I get cannot start application. When I enter=20
/path_to_python/pythonw /path_to_ZE/zopeedit-win32.py
and click on the pencil, the sandbox is there for some moments and nothing=20
else visible happens.

Can someone give me some insight ?

--On Dienstag, Mai 21, 2002 13:19:34 -0400 Casey Duncan <casey@zope.com>=20
wrote:

> Gabriel Genellina <gagenellina@softlab.com.ar> just today submitted a
> port  that looks like it goes a long way toward Windows support. Attached
> is the  helper app with her revisions.
>
> Let me know if it works for you.
>
> -Casey
>
> On Tuesday 21 May 2002 01:08 pm, Andy McKay wrote:
>> On May 21, 2002 09:29 am, brian.r.brinegar.1 wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm working on porting Casey Duncans ExternalEditor helper application
>> > to work with Windows. I've got some stuff working, but it's far from
>> > complete. I was wondering if anyone else was working on this? I would
>> > hate to be duplicating efforts, but I would love to help.
>>
>> I was thinking of doing the same thing, but if you've done most of it...
>> anything I can do to help, let me know.
>> --
>>   Andy McKay

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen                              Joachim Schmitz
AixtraWare Ingenieurb=FCro f=FCr Internetanwendungen
H=FCsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163
Key fingerprint =3D DA10 CC82 62F8 1DBB 39A1  1EDC 725B 3317 A8D7 C3A6
Keyserver: http://www.keyserver.net/en/