[Zope-dev] Web Services for Zope; what happened?

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:11:29 -0600

Brian,

I have been an active user of Zope for nearly two years.  My current
position affords me the opportunity to finally give something back to the
community.  I work for NOAA and Web Services will be a critical piece of our
web architecture strategy this coming year.  Our branch is located in
southwestern Mississippi, so we are in the building phase (wrt python/zope
expertise - no Zope developers down here except me and impossible to get
anyone who has the experience to seriously consider relocating here ...
Ha! ).

What I am able to offer is 1-2 fulltime software engineers for as long as it
takes  to do this right.  I have read your proposal (just after you released
it last year) and thought it very well done.  I like the implementation you
describe and agree with your proposal 100%. The time frame that I am talking
about (fulltime developer support) is beginning in January.  If it is
possible to get some preliminary stuff out of the way before hand, that
would be great.  If it would require some face time with you, that would be
possible as well.

Let me know if this is an agreeable arrangement and your  thoughts on how we
proceed from here. Any responses should be directed to my work email which
is eric.roby@noaa.gov

Thanks in advance...
Eric