[Zope-dev] Using Zope from a console script

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
05 Nov 2002 17:34:26 -0200

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 17:27, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> I tried (successfully) to play with Zope objects with console scripts using
> the hints in $ZOPEROOT/doc/ZODB.txt
> Unfortunately, it works only if the Zope server is down.
> I need to run this script on a running server, and I'd prefer not using
> xmlrpc stuffs for a better efficiency.
>
> Any hint, config, examples ?

You can use the monitor port, see z2.py help and
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/DEBUGGING.txt

You can also use ZEO and do your debugging in a separate Zope (ZEO
Client) instance.
http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.