[Zope-dev] HTTP content negotiation-- has anyone tried this in Zope?

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:37:53 -0800

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:14:11 -0800
Craeg Strong <vze2rzfe@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> talking about software that, in effect, enables one to configure a server to respond
> the HTTP headers having to do with content negotiation: preferred charset, preferred
> language, and content-type.

> Question: has anyone tried to support this kind of thing using Zope yet?  I imagine
> it should be possible, b/c you should have access to everything you need in the
> REQUEST object, right?
>
> If one agrees that this is a good idea, then wouldn't it be cool to have a set of
> ready-made components in Zope3 to facilitate switching on relevant HTTP
> headers-- either for mime type, I18N, etc.?

As far as I know, Zope3 already has some implementation of
content negotiation mechanism regarding with:
   preferred-language
      and
   preferred charset

There's some description about it:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/LanguageNegotiationFramework

I have implemented experimental multilingual locale support for Zope 2.5.1
which will manipulate Content-Type header (I haven't disclosed it yet though).

---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>