[Zope-dev] Problem with Zope 2.6.0 and ZShell

Jerome Alet alet@librelogiciel.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:06:57 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:54:56PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Since I don't actually use Zope 2.6, does anyone have an idea on
> > where the problem may come from ?
>
> You're using restricted mode (the rexec module) and this apparently
> doesn't provide sys.hexversion.  This is a shallow bug; it's already
> fixed in Python 2.3 (CVS).
> Probably those versions of Python didn't have the test for
> sys.hexversion; it's testing whether this is Python 2.2 or higher.
>
> A workaround would be to set sys.hexversion to 0x02020000 (or to 0 if
> you're not sure which Python version you're using) before importing
> sre for the first time.

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I never import sre.

I import re, then rexec in the main program,
then in the restricted code I add the
os and os.path modules, and the resticted code
then import the glob modules and calls its glob
method.

So should I set sys.hexversion *before* my re and rexec
imports in the main program, or add the sys module and
a fake hexversion value in the restricted code ?

thanks in advance

Jerome Alet