[Zope-dev] Moving forward with Zope 2.7

THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:42:50 +0800

Hi

Could we get the Install and Configuration proposal cleaned up, with so
many comments it's not clear what the actual proposal proposes to
deliver now.

Also parts of it's problem statement are just plain wrong.
I currently have many (read every version of Zope including Alpha's and
Betas since 2.4.1b1) installed on the same box, and I have 18 instances
of which at least 8 are running concurrently on our dev box, currently
using at least 2 different versions of Zope (2.5.1 and 2.6.0). (Some of
the non running instances if I started them up would be on 2.4.3 etc..

Currently we can do everything listed as a problem in the proposal,
it is clean, neat and everything is in it's place. (except maybe item 5
in the problem statement)

Regards

Tim

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 04:12, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > Is there already a schedule for Zope 2.7? (of course there is not :-) )
>
> Now there is :)
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.7/FrontPage
>
> I've updated this project and tried to dispel any lingering
> confusion over the earlier effort labelled "Zope 2.7".
>

> > I proposed to include reStructuredText into Zope 2.7. This stuff is
> > ready to be merged. If there are no objections I will merge it soon
> > since there were only positive votes for the inclusion.
>
> Please don't merge anything until people have had a chance to see
> what's going on and gotten the plan finalized.
>
> Per the plan above, I'd like for there to be a (relatively short) period
> for people to volunteer and add proposals to the plan, followed by a
process
> of prioritizing and coming to closure on what will / won't be included. I
> propose in the wiki that we should probably schedule an IRC day to do
that.

> Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
> V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
> Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com

DISCLAIMER: This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use
by the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information
and may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other
than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. In
this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies. Emails and their
attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. All
attachments are opened at the recipient's risk.