[Zope-dev] Weird BTrees/ZODB interaction under Solaris

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:43:39 +0100

--On Dienstag, 26. November 2002 08:35 -0500 Guido van Rossum
<guido@python.org> wrote:

> Could you try again with the C version, substituting a different
> malloc implementation, or Python 2.3 (which has effectively a
> different malloc for small blocks)?  It could be a semi-bug in the
> platform malloc where the allocation and deallocation pattern of your
> test happens to cause worst-case fragmentation.  Using Python code
> probably changes the allocation pattern enough to avoid the
> fragmentation.

What do you mean with a different malloc implementation?
Currently we are bound to Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.X and we can not
upgrade to other Zope/Python versions at least for the installation
where I encountered the problem.

Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                     http://www.andreas-jung.com   -
  -   EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com                              -
   -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -