[Zope-dev] form variables and **kw

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:09:45 +0200

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 Oct 2002 9:31 am, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
>
>>i.e. that ZPublisher will _not_ marshall the other variables into the
>>method call?
>

> Would you really want all of them? All those that come from query string? http
> headers? cookies? environment variables?

Only form variables. But you're right, this would be inconsistent.

> You can get sane access to all of these through the REQUEST parameter. Im sure
> you know that.

Yes, I know. The problem at hand was the invokeFactory method from the
CMF (1.1), which only has id as a parameter, but not title, preventing
me from using it directly with a form which also wants to set the title.
My workaround is to use a "proxy" method which has title as a named
parameter.

Thanks,
oliver