[Zope-dev] http://cvs.zope.org/Products/Scheduler vs Xron for cron-like functionality. Advice?

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 13:55:40 +0200

Romain Slootmaekers wrote:

> This is a pain, Xron tries to invoke the actions from the front side of
> zope, ie by issuing a HTTP request. since we use a Zope+Apache
> http&https setup, we just hacked Xron to rewrite the urls to
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/......

Another problem of Xron using standard http access is that you can't use
authentication -- at least I could not figure out, how to add a user
name and password to the http request issued by Xron. Ok, restricting
access to localhost for the "page" requested by Xron can perhaps close
this security hole in many circumstances, but while playing with Xron I
felt a bit uncomfortable imagining that a melevolent user could easily
screw up things like timed publication or removal of a certain page...

Abel