[Zope-dev] Medusa Request Queue/profiling

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:31:13 -0400

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Oct 2002 7:02 pm, Brian R Brinegar wrote:
>>If there is a way to see that the Zeo Clients are getting more requests
>>than they can handle and thus queueing up requests it is probably time to
>>add more machines.
>

> Does your front end proxy log elapsed time for each request? squid does.

Another simple measure is the load average: if "uptime" reports load
averages above 1.0, it's time to bring in another ZEO client.  Since
Zope is largely CPU bound rather than I/O bound, this seems to be a good
indicator.

Shane