[Zope-dev] Can't edit CMF/Plone content if the creator is deleted

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:44:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Adrian Hungate wrote:
> I don't know if this is a Zope, CMF, Plone or DCWorkflow issue, but I just
> got bitten by what appears to be a bug in someone's security handling.
>
> If you create some content as user A, then delete user A, no one can edit
> the content, or change it's ownership.

I suspect this is due to a Feature of the base Zope security.  A
user is only allowed to do things in the intersection of his
privileges and those of the owner of the code being executed.
Otherwise you have the same situation that having a '.' in your
root path puts you in in unix.

--RDM