[Zope-dev] 2.6.1 Plan?

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:03:49 -0600

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:55:40AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Chris McDonough wrote:
> >FWIW, the reason that there is a flurry of activity before any release
> >is because people want to see features in a stable release version and
> >by nature (IMHO) programmers are procrastinators. ;-)
>
> This doesn't fit with normal open source practice. Why are we starting to
> operate like this?

It what world do you live, and can I move there? Every large open source
project I've particpated in or kept track of has had this problem - it's
_really hard_ to turn down cool new patches just because your supposed to
be in feature freeze, trying to get a stable release out.

What do _you_ think 'normal open source practice' is?

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Executive Director                                  phone: 713-348-6166