[Zope-dev] Relations

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:59:11 +0200

Jens Bjerre wrote:

>Can anyone please explain to me, how it's possible to make relations
>using ZClasses.
>Let's say that i would like to make a product catalog with x numbers of
>pictures, and sometimes no pictures. I guess it's something about making
>a ZClass wich can contain objects???

In that case you can subclass an objectmanager.

But if the pictures should be shared between different products this approach can be a problem.

If you want to share images you should put them in their own folder and then store a list of paths in your product, to the images you want to relate to an object, or you could use the mxmRelations product.

regards Max M

    "Skeptic Effect" or the "Randi Effect"
    When a skeptic is near, supernatural effects seem to disappear.