[Zope-dev] Re: Bump up the nr of ZOpe trhreads

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
10 Sep 2002 07:28:49 -0400

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 06:51, Dario Lopez-K=E4sten wrote:
> But, am I still limited to max 7 zope threads?

No.

> nrOfThreads could be set to whatever but Zope would not use more than 7 i=
> any case. Is this so still? Can it be changed? And is -t a parameter for
> zserver or for the ZODB?

You can set this to whatever you like, but as I said before it doesn't
make sense to have fewer database connections than threads, so they go
sort of hand-in-hand.

The parameter is the number of ZPublisher "worker" threads.  This is how
many threads are hanging around to service requests that come in to
ZPublisher (typically via ZServer, but not always).  These threads are
*related* to the ZODB (as each one typically accesses it), but are not
"ZODB threads" (there is no such thing).

- C