[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:51:38 +0200

From: "James Johnson" <tacomabbs@hotmail.com>
> We had to wait this long, why not wait for a bit longer.  I just hope it
> doesn't give some the excuse to drag it on more.  That was one of the
things
> I loved about Zope was Release Early/often mantra.  Now with the 2.6
dabacle
> lasting over 3 months.  This better not happen again people :-)  We
already
> know how some people get uneasy when I project starts to languish for
> months. It only hurts the opensource movement.

True. But in true XP fashion, each release could simply contain the features
that are finished. And if this i18n is finished, then it can be included. I
think that would also prevent some drag, because now we decided on which
features should be included, and several of them wasn't finished.

Best Regards

Lennart Regebro, Torped
http://www.easypublisher.com/