[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Proposal: put i18n into 2.6

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:03:03 -0400

Truth is that the Zope code has done anything but languish in the last fe=
w=20
months. Unfortunately most people are bound by our release cycle, which h=
as=20
given that impression.

As for i18n in 2.6, The Zope Pope gave the nod, so I consider it a done d=
eal,=20
assuming it gets checked in.

-Casey

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 11:43 am, James Johnson wrote:
> We had to wait this long, why not wait for a bit longer.  I just hope i=
t=20
> doesn't give some the excuse to drag it on more.  That was one of the t=
hings=20
> I loved about Zope was Release Early/often mantra.  Now with the 2.6 da=
bacle=20
> lasting over 3 months.  This better not happen again people :-)  We alr=
eady=20
> know how some people get uneasy when I project starts to languish for=20
> months. It only hurts the opensource movement.
>=20
>=20
> Peace,
> -- James
>=20
>=20
>=20
> From: "Florent Guillaume" <fg@nuxeo.com>
> >As Jim said, "If we want to get this into 2.6, we need to move quickly=
=2E"
>=20
> I want it in. It's so amazingly useful, that I want it. 2.6 is moving s=
> slow anyway, that I don't see it as a big problem.
>=20
> Best Regards
>=20
> Lennart Regebro, Torped
> http://www.easypublisher.com/
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Peace,
> -- James
> I am a Washington State Citizen.
> Spamming this Email Address may be against Washington State Law
> Chapter 19.86, and 19.190 RCW. http://www.wa.gov/ago/junkemail/protect.=
html