[Zope-dev] Plone, PageTemplates and Zope2.6

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:32:59 -0500

using chrism-install-branch and caring much less than
I have in my past life - I have run ab against Plone
in Zope2.6.  It appears that Zope2.6 is significantly
slower than Zope2.5.1.  I ran ab from my Windows
XP machine on a local network.

300Mhz Celeron w/ 256MB RAM

Zope2.5.1 Python 2.1.3
ab -n 10 http://mysite/plone
1.30 Requests per second

Zope2.6 Python 2.1.3
ab -n 10 http://mysite/plone
0.87 Requests per second

I ran the tests a few times and picked the highest number.
In both 2.5.1 and 2.6 the "target cache" setting is higher
than 4000 (and I am only requesting the first plone page).

Also Andy McKay did some quick benchmarks using
a simplified PageTemplate skin and he is getting ugly results
(he is migrating from DTML to PageTempaltes).

cheers,
~runyaga