[Zope-dev] Product construction question

Joost van Lawick Joost van Lawick <joost@lawick.nl>
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:10:26 +0200

----- Forwarded message from zope-dev-request@zope.org -----

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:56:07 -0400
Subject: Mailman results for Zope-Dev
From: zope-dev-request@zope.org
To: joost@lawick.nl

Hi,
I have some problems with creating folders and objects.
PF is a Folderish class. This is the add function (or manage_add):

def addPF(self, id=None, title=None, usercontract=None):
    """
    Create a portfolio
    """

    if not id:
        id = uuidgen()
    p = PF(id, title, usercontract)
    self.Destination()._setObject(id, p)
    # create an account
    p.addAccount(id='account', valuta='EUR')
    p.manage_addFolder(id='KKK')
    return id

Now I have the same type of construction for an Account class which is a
SimpleItemish class :

def addAccount(self, id=None, title=None, valuta=None):
    """
    Create an user Account
    """

    if not id:
        id = uuidgen()
    p = Account(id, title, valuta)
1:  #self.Destination()._setObject(id, p)
2:  self._setObject(id, p)
    return id

When I comment in line 1 and leave out line 2, I get an Attribute Error on
Destination. When line 1 is commented out and 2 goes in: Voila!
I can still create Account objects in the ZMI.

So what does the Destination() method do in construction of an
object?

Cheers,

Joost
--