[Zope-dev] [ZOPE 2.6 B1] Unicode/locale problems with OFS/dtml/properties.dtml

Arnar Lundesgaard arnar.lundesgaard@creuna.no
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:06:22 +0200

> Thanks for taking the time to help debug this.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly!

> This line, intended to force the dtml to be rendered as a unicode
> object, is not doing its job. If the dtml is not a unicode object
> then ZPublisher's encoding mechanism is not engaged. Has there been
> some recent dtml optimisation to ignore empty strings perhaps?

> This patch below works for me. Please let me know if this works for
> you and I will apply it to 2.6. (and various sources of documentation
> that all recommend including this line.)

Jepp, that seems to work. I'm at home though, so I haven't been able to =
try with the original browser configuration. 'wget' gives me UTF-8 =
though, so it should work nicely. :-)

  Arnar Lundesgaard