[Zope-dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 869/ 5 Comment "Broken transaction handling in case of exceptions"

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:19:18 +0200

Toby wrote:
> > > It is important that the objects passed from one transaction to the next
> > > are non-persistent, otherwise bad zodb-level things can happen. Does
> > > Zope 3 guard against this?
> >
> > I do not see this.
> >
> > Caches routinely pass persistent objects from one transaction to the
> > next.
>
> Are there any examples in stock Zope 2? I would consider this a bug.

ZCTextIndex caches a persistent lexicon in _v_lexicon.

DC.ZRDB.DA caches Bucket() which I think are persistent in _v_cache.

CMFCore.MemberDataTool does a cache of persistent MemberData objects in
_v_temps.

Is all this wrong ?

Florent