[Zope-dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 869/ 5 Comment "Broken transaction handling in case of exceptions"

Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:03:23 +0100

On Monday 07 April 2003 6:32 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Toby Dickenson wrote at 2003-4-6 20:50 +0100:
>  > ...
>  >
>  > >   Caches routinely pass persistent objects from one transaction to the
>  > >   next.
>  >
>  > Are there any examples in stock Zope 2? I would consider this a bug.
>
> The ZODB caches (implemented by yourself) do.

Yes the object will be in there, but there is no way to get to it in a
subsequent transaction. It is safely locked away.

That is, unless something else has cached a reference to it, or has cached its
oid.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson