[Zope-dev] Quanta

"Ricardo L. A. Bánffy" rbanffy@utopia.com.br
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:45:27 -0300

Casey Duncan wrote:
> I was able to help another user get quanta to play with external editor. Once
> setup it seemed to work swimmingly, other than a couple of minor bugs in
> quantas command line handling (it seems to ignore certain command line
> options it says it excepts).

It's interesting because it contrasts sharply from what I experienced. I
could upload something I did locally but always failed to edit any
remote object, with or without extention, because of the path element
confusion. It could be handy if someone who succeeded would put up a
how-to on Zope and Quanta. In the meantime, I may put up a how-not-to
describing my failures so, maybe, someone can point what I did wrong.

As for the external editor, I guess they should (and I will suggest that
formally, if nobody did that before) make a "this is the editor you will
call when you can't figure out what it is" option.

Dreamwrecker always drove me crazy with the "can't edit it if I don't
know what it is" attitude.