[Zope-dev] Re: quanta

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai@kedai.com.my
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:32:52 +0800

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 00:00, zope-dev-request@zope.org wrote:
From: Nuno Maltez <nuno@xml.pt>
To: zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Quanta
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:21:17 +0100

Em Ter=E7a, 8 de Abril de 2003 02:45, "Ricardo L. A. B=E1nffy" escreveu:
> It's interesting because it contrasts sharply from what I experienced. =
> could upload something I did locally but always failed to edit any
> remote object, with or without extention, because of the path element
> confusion. It could be handy if someone who succeeded would put up a
> how-to on Zope and Quanta. In the meantime, I may put up a how-not-to
> describing my failures so, maybe, someone can point what I did wrong.

I work a lot with zope end Quanta, but I always edit the file on my local
filesystem and the upload them by FTP (quanta's "upload project") to Zope.

I've never really tried to open files directly by FTP.

Nuno

i've used konqueror to open zope
webdav://zopeserver:webdavport/

and dragging and dropping objects to quanta, kwrite works great

i've also from within quanta, (any kde apps, for that matter) open file
webdav://zopeserver:webdavport/mydir/myfile

and things work great