[Zope-dev] Fwd: Re: [Zope] zope2.6.1 debugging

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai@kedai.com.my
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:19:17 +0800

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 10:45 pm, Clemens Robbenhaar wrote:
>  > following chrisW's recommendation, i'm forwarding this to this list...
>
> Hm, I do not belong to the gurus Chris refers to ... thus a possible
>
> stupid hint:
>  > > Loaded symbols for
>  > > /usr/local/Zope-2.6-cvs/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/TextIndex/Sp
>  > >litter/ZopeSplitter/ZopeSplitter.so 0x0806fb42 in Py_GetProgramFullPath
>  > > () at eval.c:41
>  > > 41      eval.c: No such file or directory.
>  > >         in eval.c
>
>  If I look at my python version (2.1.3) there is no "eval.c", and
> Py_GetProgramFullPath is implemented in "Modules/getpath.c".
>
>  So I am wondering which python version You are using.

i'm using python2.1-2.1.3-3.1.src.rpm from python.org

>  If You have an "eval.c" somewhere in You python version, You may want
> to check with the "-d" option of gdb to show You the proper source code.
> If Your python version is a binary distribution, rebuild it from source
> and try again. (The python README tells You how to pass a "-g" option to
> the C compiler to include debugging symbols.)

no such file
i can;t find it anywhere :P

i may be wrong, but i believe the python  src rpm from python.org already has
-g in compiler options (in Makefile)

auxillary question - will running a python with debug enabled affect the speed
of apps ?
>  Thats all I can say for now.
>
> Hope this helps a little,
> Clemens