[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] CacheManager missing in 2.6.2b4 :-(

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Fri Aug 8 02:55:24 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jamie Heilman wrote:
> >2.2 because 2.1 lacks ruthless efficiency.
>
> That, on its own, is not a very helpful statement ;-)
> What are the differences between 2.1 and 2.2 that you care about?

2.2 is installed on my machines, 2.1 isn't.  It might work in 2.1 for
all I know, but I'm not going to bother back-patch it even if it is
possible, I'm simply not interested in supporting old versions of
Python.  (and no, I don't run Zope 2.6.x)

> >The stock OFS/Cache.py is
> >insecure, and lacking features I want, thus, I rewrote it and included
> >patches to adapt the existing managers to the improved API.  There is
> >no third thing.
>
> Have you got a collector issue / Fishbowl proposal anywhere that is
> looking to get this accepted? What reasons could people have for not
> liking this new Cache.py?

Yes, No, Read the collector issue.

> >$ # screw with the headers to lib/python/OFS/Cache.py to replace \
> >    ZopeCorp's eyesore of a copyright preamble
>
> With what? This kind of comment is a bit inflamatory and not at all
> helpful :-(

I'm just saying don't forget to add the preamble if you do check it in
over the old library.  (my Cache.py doesn't have it)  Or don't.  I
don't care either way.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."