[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions

Jens Vagelpohl jens at zope.com
Wed Dec 3 09:37:35 EST 2003

> If you need anything CMF specific use the portal_url tool. I do not
> see why a basic infrastructure method like absolute_url() should know
> anything about portals at all.

I have to admit I did not look deeply, but Stefan's notion that
absolute_url is a basic infrastructure method that should not have to
know about portals is correct. The portal_url tool was specifically
created to provide you with paths and URLs that are relevant to the CMF
site - if there are any problems the URLTool needs to be extended or
fixed to address that.

jens