[Zope-dev] virtual hosting variables [was: Re: Zope 2.7.0 b3 regressions]

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Wed Dec 3 14:57:19 EST 2003

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:43:23 +0100
Yuppie <schubbe at web.de> wrote:

[snip]

> So I think it would be great if VHM would add a variable like
> 'REQUESTED_URL' (should have a better name) that isn't further modified
> on traversal.
> 'http://example.org/test/path/to/object'

+1

I actually had a case recently where using traverse_subpath in a python script screwed up CookieCrumbler (which uses REQUEST.URL to determine where it should redirect). Basically it ate the end of the URL value so the login form redirected to the wrong place.

The evil hack fix was actually a REQUEST.set('URL', ...), in the python script before any unauthorized errors could be raised. Perhaps it should be called "ACTUAL_URL" or "ORIGINAL_URL". This would be the thing that CookieCrumber would redirect to...

-Casey