[Zope-dev] Zope.org - SteveVisitingFredericksburgSprint

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Dec 8 10:31:34 EST 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Steve Alexander and I will be hosting a sprint in Fredericksburg
> January 12-14, 2004:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/SteveVisitingFredericksburgSprint
>
> A possible topic is Zope 2 to Zope 3  transition and working on
> Zope 2.9.

Before independent discussions erupt here, see my response on zope3-dev
with my worries about Zope 2.9 and what I think the right thing to do is
concerning Zope 3 technology in Zope 2: making as much as possible work with
Zope 2.7 *without changing Zope 2*.

Zope 2.9 will still happen of course, and will be able to do more than
what's possible against a base of Zope 2.7, but it's a while off (a year
by an optimistic estimate) and work on Zope 2.7 integration can start today
instead.

Here's my posting:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-December/009023.html

and a minor correction: