[Zope-dev] ZOPE + SSL

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Dec 10 06:25:12 EST 2003

Another solution (although I've not actually used it) is the load
balancer Pound by Robert Segall in front of Zope.  Pound has explicit
Zope/SSL support.

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 04:36, Illarramendi Amilibia, Aitor wrote:
> Hello all:
>=20
> 	Which is the best (or more used) solution at this moment for having Zo=
pe supporting SSL secure connections?
>=20
> 		ZOPE + Apache + Apache mod_ssl + openSSL + Virtual_Host(or similiar s=
olution)?=20
>=20
> 			Is ok, but it is not a little bit contradictory to need to use a sec=
ond Web Server for supporting the first one? Redirecting URLs, and all...=
 Dunno, there would be a day where ZOPE could have it's own support?
>=20
> 		ZOPE + OpenSSL + M2Crypto + SWIG? (this one rewrites Zserver parts)
>=20
> 			Is a little bit tricky to handle with the building, and i've found m=
any exception problems when using it, especifically in BIO access types. =
Looks like the error handling is not very improved.
>=20
> 		ZOPE + OpenSSL + pyOpenSSL?=20
>=20
> 			This needs to be integrated in ZOPE, as a product, or anyway.
>=20
> 	Is there a most used recipe or case study examples?
>=20
> 	The environment where i'm planning to do it could be directed to Win32=
 platform, and at least over Zope 2.6.1 release.
>=20
> Regards.
>=20
> Aitor Illarramendi Amilibia
> Ingeniero de software
> Mando y Control=20
> =20
>  Carretera de Loeches, 9
> 28850 - Torrej=C3=B3n de Ardoz, Madrid (ESPA=C3=91A)
> Tel: +34-91-626.80.60
> Fax: +34-91-626.81.14
> aillarramendi at indra.es
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
> Este correo electr=C3=B3nico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al =
mismo, contiene informaci=C3=B3n de car=C3=A1cter confidencial exclusivam=
ente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divul=
gaci=C3=B3n, copia o distribuci=C3=B3n a terceros sin la previa autorizac=
i=C3=B3n escrita de Indra. En el caso de haber recibido este correo elect=
r=C3=B3nico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstanc=
ia mediante reenv=C3=ADo a la direcci=C3=B3n electr=C3=B3nica del remiten=
te.
>=20
> The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential a=
nd solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are he=
reby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this commun=
ication is prohibited without the prior written consent of Indra. If you =
have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by r=
eply e-mail