[Zope-dev] To the brave folks trying Zope HEAD...

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Thu Dec 11 10:54:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 10:24, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:07:51AM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> | I think there's a fix for this in CVS.  Can you try it again?
>
> Just tried. Seems to have fixed it. Now, for the next step *wink*.
>
> If I try starting Zope with an old existing database I get the
> traceback below. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the error with
> 'UserDict' has nothing to do with the 'Could not import class 'BTree''
> or am I wrong?

I think the attribute error on data is just a symptom of the BTree
failure.  The object has no data attribute, because ZODB failed to
unpickle the object that would be assigned to data.

I don't know what happened with backwards compatibility for the old
BTree classes.  When Jim and I discussed it a while back, I thought we
concluded that we would provide a script that would convert all the old
BTree instances to new BTrees instance.  But I don't know if that
decision stuck or if the script was ever written.

Jeremy