[Zope-dev] To the brave folks trying Zope HEAD...

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Thu Dec 11 13:48:39 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:16, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:28, Tim Peters wrote:
> > Anyone?  Since Sidnei's efforts to use the head are exposing problems, it
> > would be great if we could keep him obsessed <wink> with it a bit longer.
>
> Just point Sidnei torwards (sp?) some pretty API docs about old and new
> BTrees and he'll be happy as an otter. He'll come up with a conversion
> script in no time :-)

I don't know if there is any documentation for BTree, so the code will
need to be your guide.  I checked the code and each of the BTree types
does support items().  So walk over the database, find each top-level
BTree object, extract its items, put them in a new BTrees-style BTree,
then save that in place of the old object.

Jeremy