[Zope-dev] ZServer HTTP 1.1 support

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Dec 11 17:48:11 EST 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 21:39, Paul Winkler wrote:

> In particular, some people on my team asked me if zserver
> supports "persistent" connections, and I didn't know how
> to answer. I'm looking now at HTTPServer.py and the docstrings
> suggest that it does ... yes? no?

If you have a squid proxy in front of your zope, then squid will manange both
HTTP 1.1 persistent connections to your browsers, and persistent connections
to your Zope.

The squid-to-zope persistent connections are not in the style of HTTP 1.1
though. Squid uses slightly different headers - I forget the details.

--
Toby Dickenson