[Zope-dev] Zope Head (2.8) breaks "refresh"

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Dec 13 19:20:13 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 23:43, Stuart Bishop wrote:

> I've just clarified the issue in the collector. We have since found that
> manual product refresh is working, and it is just the automatic product
> refresh that gives this error.

I don't mean to sound glib (really), but refresh has always caused more
problems for me than it has solved, so when I see bug reports for
refresh I'm always reminded of "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do
this..."  With ZEO, Zope typically restarts in under a second.  I just
do that and don't bother with refresh.  Is there any commanding reason
to use refresh other than startup/teardown time?

- C